Weblayer share problem : <value> does not contain any layer type required for <value>

01-04-2022 01:37 AM
Labels (2)
YASMINEKHALEF
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, I have an error while exporting my layer to ArcGis Online telling that it doesn't contain a required layer type, its a .lyrx, I tried to add another layer with a required type as recommended in the ArcGis manual but it does't work. Can someone explain me how to fix it ? The layer is attached to this message, I'll be gratefull if you share it and send it to me, it is a job to be returned to the university and it is urgent. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Export it to ArcGIS Online?  How are you managing that?  There are only two ways that I know of to host a feature layer in ArcGIS Online.  

1. Choose "hosted" when publishing the feature layer to AGOL as a feature service.

2. Export the feature class to a shapefile, zip up the shapefile contents to a .zip folder, then upload the .zip folder as an item to ArcGIS Online.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
YASMINEKHALEF
New Contributor II

I tried the two ways, but the problem is that the layer isn't an shp or a csv or a gpk it's actually a lyrx, I have received it this way so my question is : is it possible to export this kind of data to ArcGIS Online if yes, how? Or, how to convert a lyrx layer to an shp ? 

Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Typically a .lyrx, has source data.  After you pull the .lyrx into Pro, try right-clicking on it in the table of contents then choose "Data" then choose "Export Features".  In the "Export Features" wizard window, change the "Output Location" to a folder and then the "Output Name" to a .shp (example: <yourfeaturename>.shp), then click "OK".  This should export the layer file to a shape file.  Make sure you check the newly created shapefile to make sure it has records.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
YASMINEKHALEF
New Contributor II

I just tried and this is the error message :  ERROR 001337: The maximum record length has been exceeded. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Based on the error report, here is the suggestion:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/001001-010000/tool-err... 

Try exporting the layer file to a feature class in a file geodatabase then export that feature class as a shapefile.

Alternatively, you can zip up file geodatabases and upload them as hosted features to ArcGIS Online as well.  But I prefer the zipped shapefile method.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
YASMINEKHALEF
New Contributor II

I tried the two ways, it doesn't work. Tha layer is full of specific symbol which can be not supported by ArcGIS Online ? 

Thank you for your help Amanda