Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Mapping Application - Time Slider Widget is NOT updating its time series for NEW data. HELP!

05-21-2024 05:26 PM
EdX1
by
New Contributor III

Hello,
I am having problems with my web app time slider widget NOT updating its time slider to include new data.

My setup:
I have a feature layer which gets daily time series data sent to it from various in field sensors. 

This feature layer is connected to a web map, which has the following data (as can be seen it has todays data)

EdX1_1-1716337326101.png

When I view the layer with the time slider in my web mapping application this is what I can see:

EdX1_0-1716337133626.png
As can be seen, the data from the 22nd is not displayed. But does exist. 

When I edit my web mapping applications time slider widget this is what I can see. 

EdX1_2-1716337473594.png

When I open the widget I guess it automatically calculates the max time, but this doesn't apply to the actual web mapping application without me opening the widget, and pressing ok, and saving the we mapping application again.

This should be automated. Why or how can I make this update automatically without me having to manually go into the web mapping application every day to do this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I would rather switch to Instant App slider (time series slider) (recommend creating a map in Map Viewer first not Map Viewer Classic) template and/or Experience Builder (Web App Builder Successor) since Web App Builder was deprecated in 2023. More info can be found here

Question | Analyze | Visualize
EdX1
by
New Contributor III

Looks like I don't have access to the instant app slider 😞 

EdX1_0-1716443470715.png

also cant seem to find a way to add a time slider to anything within the experience builder! Ill try google next.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

The screenshot is showing other Instant App templates but not the Slider template so that is interesting. 

For Experience Builder, you will first create a slider map in Map Viewer and then bring that map into EB using the Embed widget.

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There is a Timeline Widget in the ArcGIS Experience Builder that you add on top of the Map Widget.

EdX1
by
New Contributor III

so I create a time slider in a web map, and then add that to the experience builder default map?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

No you create your web map first either in ArcGIS Pro and then share to your portal.  Or you can create your web map with portal's Map Viewer component.  In Experience Builder, add a Map widget to your page and connect the map widget to your created web map.  Then add the Timeline widget on top of your Map widget and connect the Timeline widget to your web map.

0 Kudos
EdX1
by
New Contributor III

Where can I find the timeline widget? The map I have added has time series data enabled, and has a time slider on the web map view before I add it to Experience Builder.

EdX1_0-1717560636904.png

the web map I've included in EB:

EdX1_0-1717562639934.png

as you can see it has time series data, and a slider there. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment of Experience Builder by chance?  If so, the Timeline widget (Time Slider in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder) was added to ExB at the 11.1 release.  If you're using an earlier release of ArcGIS Enterprise, then the Timeline widget is not available.  You can learn more about the functionality matrix between Web AppBuilder and  Experience Builder here.  

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'd recommend you post this question in the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Questions community to get more visibility in that community.  This is the ArcGIS Pro Questions community.