Voxel layer visualisation problem

05-03-2021 03:02 AM
FrederikkeHansen
New Contributor II

I have created a netcdf file and loaded it into ArcGIS Pro as a voxel layer. I can see that it is being read correctly because the symbology section shows an appropriate histogram for the data, and loading the file as a table also gives the correct data. However,it does not show up on my scene, no matter what I do. Originally I thought the file was too large, so I split it into sections (each about 33MB), and I have the same issue. What can I do to figure out what is causing this issue?

I have attached one of the smaller files if anyone would like to try to load it themselves.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@FrederikkeHansen@Andrew--Johnson i've just run through Eric Krause's guide to creating a Voxel model 

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/interpolate-3d-oxygen-measurements-in-monterey-bay/

And i'm experiencing the exact same issue.

The voxel isn't displaying even though the data is there (and only 260KB). I've copied the NC layer to a different machine that it displays in successfully using Network GPU (NVIDIA GRID). Im using a Geforce GTX 1080 on my machine, so it can't be a lack of graphics. It must be something to do with the configuration of Pro with the machines hardware.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Can you double check when the graphics driver was last updated on the machine? This is a common issue that i've seen a lot even though you may have a really good graphics card the driver is still years old. Please go directly to the manufacturers website and download the latest driver.

thanks,

Andrew

David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@Andrew--Johnson that solved it for me 🙂 Driver Booster said my driver was up to date (Sept 2020) but the latest driver is Sept 2021. Updated and the voxel layer draws. Great advice 👍

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,  glad to hear that fixed it 🙂

-Andrew

0 Kudos