View Registered Database/Folder Connection in Pro?

Jump to solution
12-16-2020 06:22 AM
Labels (1)
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

This seems like there should be an obvious answer, but I can't find a way to view registered database connections and folders like the Server Properties dialog box of ArcMap:

Capture.JPG

Documentation states something about going to Share > Manage > Data Stores, but our server is not federated and we do not have Data Store installed. Just the ArcGIS Enterprise Server is installed (we do not use a portal). Where do I go to view these connections and validate them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MKF62
by

Yes, that's true. I can manage it all on the server side, was just wondering if there was a way to do it on the Pro side of things. There isn't based on this text I found:

Starting with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1, new data stores are viewed, created, and managed as items in your portal content. It is possible to add and manage data stores without creating portal items if you use ArcGIS Server Manager, but it is not possible from ArcGIS Pro.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/manage-registered-data-stores.htm

If I'm understanding what this says correctly, because we don't use portal, we now can only manage our database registrations from Server Manager.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You may not have a relational Data Store, but the Server Manager terminology (as far as I'm aware) refers to registered connection within the 'Data Stores' tab in Server Manager.

You should be able to see the connections in there.

Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Server Manager—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS ...

MKF62
by

Yes, that's true. I can manage it all on the server side, was just wondering if there was a way to do it on the Pro side of things. There isn't based on this text I found:

Starting with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1, new data stores are viewed, created, and managed as items in your portal content. It is possible to add and manage data stores without creating portal items if you use ArcGIS Server Manager, but it is not possible from ArcGIS Pro.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/manage-registered-data-stores.htm

If I'm understanding what this says correctly, because we don't use portal, we now can only manage our database registrations from Server Manager.

0 Kudos