Select to view content in your preferred language

Various layout elements not exporting

06-01-2021 08:09 AM
Labels (1)
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor

I have a layout with a number of elements.

Several of the elements will not export to a PDF even though they are visible in the layout

Below is how it looks in Pro

RobertBorchert_0-1622559865320.png

This is how it exports.  The disclaimer is missing.  There is also an element above the scale bar that I turned off for the example because it contains email addresses

RobertBorchert_1-1622559900070.png

The missing elements are sized to the same size as the element containing the Ticket number. They are just text boxes and not dynamic

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

That's frustrating and odd. What version of Pro are you using? And are the missing elements on the page? Pro will allow you to draw elements off the page on a layout, but only the elements on the page itself will be shown in an export.

Cheers,

Aubri

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
jeremywiles1981
New Contributor

I have the  exact same issue.  The layout elements that are missing in the PDF seem to be random, because every time I export there are different elements that are missing.  This is exporting in a pdf, a jpg, anything.  I experimented with all combinations of different settings.

I am using 3.2.2.

0 Kudos
jeremywiles1981
New Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to provide images.

Layout:

jeremywiles1981_2-1711039351966.png

PDF:

jeremywiles1981_1-1711039271860.png

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's completely unexpected and looks like a bug of some sort. I'm sorry, that's really frustrating.

I've never seen it happen with my data, so the bug could be specific to the data type or export size you have. If you can, I recommend reaching out to technical support. They have the tools and training to troubleshoot this and can log a bug for the right development team. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos