Using values from a feature template in an Arcade calculate rule

a month ago
KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

I have a polygon feature class (FC) in my database containing information about source documents we obtain from outside sources.  Each source is given a polygon boundary and entered into the FC using an internally assigned unique identifier. Other information about the source is also entered into this FC (datums, dates, etc).

When data from one of these sources is entered into an asset specific FC in the same database (Inlets for example), I would like for the newly created feature to obtain its HorizDatum attribute information from the Source FC based on the source's unique ID being entered into the feature template. I thought that if a user entered the unique identifier of the source into the "SrcLink" field in the feature template (SrcLink being used to link the asset back to the source we acquired it from) that I could use this value to pull data from the Sources polygon FC, but all my efforts are in vain.  No matter what is entered into the template I only get the default value for datum (Unknown in our case) rather than the datum contained in the Sources FC.

Is there a way to use feature template values in Arcade Calculate Rules?

Thank you for all your help.

K

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies