Select to view content in your preferred language

restoring a backup project

Jump to solution
03-28-2024 08:41 AM
Labels (2)
Esther_Morrow
Emerging Contributor

I was editing a shape file in a Pro project and deleted data accidentally.  The edits were saved.  I would like to undo them.  Is there a way to restore a previous version of the shape file?  If I restore the previous version of the aprx, will it have the previous data in the shape file?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

In your situation, my understanding would be that the aprx backup does not restore edits to a feature that have been saved. This would be the difference between the setup of the aprx and the existence of data in the data source itself. Once the data source has been changed, the aprx will only reflect the changes made to the feature itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If you are lucky enough to have the shapefiles on a windows folder with system restore enabled, you can get properties on the folder the shapefiles are in, look at the Previous Versions tab and select the files as they were on the respective date/time.

RhettZufelt_0-1711648222860.png

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

In your situation, my understanding would be that the aprx backup does not restore edits to a feature that have been saved. This would be the difference between the setup of the aprx and the existence of data in the data source itself. Once the data source has been changed, the aprx will only reflect the changes made to the feature itself.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If you are lucky enough to have the shapefiles on a windows folder with system restore enabled, you can get properties on the folder the shapefiles are in, look at the Previous Versions tab and select the files as they were on the respective date/time.

RhettZufelt_0-1711648222860.png

R_

0 Kudos