Updating deep learning frameworks to new version

11-03-2021 01:29 PM
MrG
by
New Contributor III

Previously, I installed the deep learning frameworks on my workstation using the installer for Pro 2.6 (the installer provided by Esri that installs all the stuff, which is great!). It is up and running. and I could train models, infere and so on, without many problems.

The question is: I want to upgrade Pro to the last version compatible with the last deep learning frameworks installer. What strategy do you suggest? Upgrade first Pro and then uninstall the previous frameworks? Uninstall the previos frameworks before upgrading Pro? Upgrade Pro and then install the new frameworks on top of the old ones?

Any guidance about the order of installs and how to proceed will be appreciated. Thanks!!! 

p.s.: for uninstalling the AI frameworks I suppose that the old installer has an uninstall procedure under programs >> uninstall, right?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you get your information from this page?

Esri/deep-learning-frameworks: Installation support for Deep Learning Frameworks for the ArcGIS Syst...

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MrG
by
New Contributor III

Yes. That's the installer.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

if there isn't an uninstaller, you could create a new environment, switch into it and install your new package.

Of post an "Issue" on their site to see if you get a response there.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MrG
by
New Contributor III

"Their site"... sounds interesting... Have you got an URL?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Issues · Esri/deep-learning-frameworks (github.com)

New Issue  -- to the right of the screen

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MrG
by
New Contributor III

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
MrG
by
New Contributor III

After a couple of weeks, no answer at Github.

Any other hint will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what is the github issue link?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MrG
by
New Contributor III
0 Kudos