Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating ArcPro with an organization-wide system

08-08-2022 05:17 AM
JenniferVanHouter1
New Contributor

I work for a small county government and we are in the process of switching all of our users to ArcPro from ArcDesktop and I ran into a snag. Our users do not have any admin rights to update ArcPro on their own and our current system for widespread updates would be inefficient for ArcPro. We currently use SCCM and push out new executable files for ArcDesktop updates but ArcPro updates far more frequently and these packages we send out via SCCM are time consuming. 

My question is, what do larger entities use to update ArcPro for their users with no admin rights? Are you sending out the executables constantly or do you use some other software to manage this?

Any advice would be appreciated, I did try looking around for this answer but I think I may be wording thing incorrectly to find a solution.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you performing this via a silent install?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You said "I've tried pushing out major Pro releases with DesktopCentral and have never had luck pushing it out."  Can you please go into more detail on what the problems were with pushing out major Pro releases?

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Not an ideal solution but we were able to prevail on our IT folks to allocate temporary admin rights to users as needed, although not specifically for installing Pro.

JenniferVanHouter1
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, my IT people are really cyber security paranoid so that wouldn't be an option for us. I appreciate the feedback though.

0 Kudos