Select to view content in your preferred language

Update 3.2 --> 3.3.1 - Changing contents freezes ArcGIS Pro

17 hours ago
MaxRingler1
New Contributor III

I have just updated from 3.2 to 3.3.1 on an i9-13900, 92 GB RAM, 4 TB SSD, Win11, .NET 8.0.6 machine. Now ArcGIS goes into long term (~15-20 min) freezes (circular computing indicator) every time I am adding or removing data or when I am toggling the visibility of layers in the contents; the map can still be zoomed and panned, but all menu items and tools are greyed out. This happens across all my projects, also new test projects that I created in 3.3.1 and regardless of where the data of the layers are stored. Saving the project in 3.3.1 as a new file did not help, emptying the cache and repairing the install did also not help.

What helps is uninstalling 3.3.1 and reinstalling 3.2 - but obviously this cannot be a permanent solution.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Georgios-NektariosTselos
New Contributor III

Hi @MaxRingler1 you will need to download Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 8.0.0 or a later patch. I think the older version of .NET Desktop Runtime is causing your problem.  You could also check it on the link below,  

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm 

Best Regards

Georgios-Nektarios Tselos

0 Kudos
MaxRingler1
New Contributor III

Sorry, that was a typo - it was in fact 8.0.5 - now 8.0.6 - I corrected my original post.
The faulty behaviour however remains the same unfortunately.

Georgios-NektariosTselos
New Contributor III

Ok, maybe the only thing that I can suggest to to you is to make a diagnostic check of your computer with the following  link to check one more time if everything is ok and  your Desktop can run the ArcGIS Pro 

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/client-app?refid=1256&appkey=6D681CD0-BA6C-4B6B-9A82-639759CF... 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check for WebView2

ArcGIS Pro 3.3 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

under software requirements, it is new to Pro 3.3

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MaxRingler1
New Contributor III

Yes, WebView 2 (126.x.x.x) is installed on the machine that has issues. In the meantime, I could also open the project on another machine that runs 3.3 (but not 3.3.1). So the problems seem to have resulted only from the latest (minor) update.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support is your best bet.  3.3.1 was a minor update and they would want to examine your case.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos