UNDO "Make this the only selectable layer"

Jump to solution
12-06-2021 09:39 AM
BrianE1
Occasional Contributor

In Pro, a user can right click on a layer, then go to Selection>Make this the only selectable layer.

This is a great feature and I use it often.

BUT, how do you go back to the default (e.g., make all layers selectable)???? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bwilkinson
Esri Contributor

G'day Brian,

You can make all layers selectable again under 'List By Selection' in the contents pane.

You can toggle individually or if you hold down ctrl and select a layer you can toggle between all on/off.

bwilkinson_2-1638822045591.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you maybe just need to clear the selection?

JaredPilbeam2_1-1638820704511.png

0 Kudos
bwilkinson
Esri Contributor

G'day Brian,

You can make all layers selectable again under 'List By Selection' in the contents pane.

You can toggle individually or if you hold down ctrl and select a layer you can toggle between all on/off.

bwilkinson_2-1638822045591.png

SaratogaPLAN
New Contributor II

"hold down ctrl and select a layer you can toggle between all on/off"

This solution goes just so far.  I have quite a few layers grouped so I have to open up the full list and the use ctrl.  Is there another solution? 

Thanks.

KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

This doesn't work for layers inside groups?  I have a map with many groups, and sub-groups.  The select all and toggle selectable works only for the top level layers.  It doesn't do anything to stuff in group layers.  I can spend 10 minutes expanding all the myriad groups and sub-groups and try this again, but who needs another time wasting work-around.  There really needs to be a one click option that makes everything selectable. 

0 Kudos
cconline1971
New Contributor

If it is an uncommon thing, you can use the Undo button, this works for me.  I rarely use the Make Only Selectable Item button, so the immediate Undo action works for that.

0 Kudos
SUBHOJITPANDE
New Contributor II

I too stuck at the same problem but none of the solution can actually solve the issue.

0 Kudos
SUBHOJITPANDE
New Contributor II

Kindly refer the below link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tKdXvRKz4U

This video will help you to select only one layer and undo make this the only selectable layer mode in ArcMap and bring back selection of all layers mode in ArcMap. NB. Use CTRL button to activate selection mode for all selected layers on LIST BY SELECTION
0 Kudos