Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Publish traditional versioned features to web map on Portal

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 05:23 PM
MeganWheat
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to publish a web map that uses data that has traditional versioning set up. It continues to give me error 00231 Layer's data source must be registered with the server. 

My SDE is registered with my federated server and is validated in the data store. 

When I publish the same exact data but using my default table it publishes to portal with no issue at all. 

I think this is mostly a versioning issue. Has anyone dealt with this before? If so how did you fix this? I have traditional versioning set up on this particular items as they are added to by my field workers. Any tips help to figure out this issue!

I haven't found one piece of documentation that is helpful. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you publishing from another version that is not "DEFAULT"?

If so, you have to register that specific version as a datastore. 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/analyzer-error-messages/00231-layers-data-sour...

You may encounter this message even though the source enterprise geodatabase or enterprise database has already been registered with the federated server. The reason for this is that the connection properties (user name, password, version, and so on) used by a layer or stand-alone table referencing the source enterprise geodatabase do not match the connection properties of the enterprise geodatabase registered with the server. Registration is required for each separate connection.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you publishing from another version that is not "DEFAULT"?

If so, you have to register that specific version as a datastore. 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/analyzer-error-messages/00231-layers-data-sour...

You may encounter this message even though the source enterprise geodatabase or enterprise database has already been registered with the federated server. The reason for this is that the connection properties (user name, password, version, and so on) used by a layer or stand-alone table referencing the source enterprise geodatabase do not match the connection properties of the enterprise geodatabase registered with the server. Registration is required for each separate connection.

--- George T.
MeganWheat
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I was publishing from another version that was not the default. 

I didn't realize I had to be in the child version and register that version with the datastore. 

I am just more of a visual learner so sometimes the documentation is not as helpful as it could be. 

Thank you,

Megan

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

No worries. It treats each version as its "own" datastore.

Glad this got you fixed up.

--- George T.
0 Kudos