Unable to publish to hosting server

206
1
Jump to solution
03-04-2024 06:08 AM
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

I have an ongoing (use to be intermittent) problem publishing web layers in ArcGIS Pro.  

This morning at 7:30 I was able to successfully publish a vector tile layer (Parcels_Homestead_VT) to the hosting server and cache created successfully (Job status log picture below for reference).  I proceeded to try to publish two other Vector tile layers (Use and Sales) and at first the layers published but the cache building failed. So I deleted them from the server and retried.  Now (as you can see in the job status window) every attempt to publish the layer has failed.  The log (below job status window) shows it fails at "uploading service definition."  I've tried stopping and restarting both the cache and publishing services on the hosting server, but still cannot publish a layer.  HELP! What is wrong here?!

AngelaSchirck_0-1709561164249.png

AngelaSchirck_1-1709561233034.png

 

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

It seems I always am answering my own questions here, but I figured out the problem for those who need to know.

I registered a datastore with the hosting server.  When I looked at the server logs it was saying it failed to connect to the underlying database file (SDE).  So I knew I had a database connection issue.  I went to the database connection in the server manager, selected the appropriate datastore and hit "Validate."  After doing so the layers published without issues.  

The only mystery is why the first one published, then the others failed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

It seems I always am answering my own questions here, but I figured out the problem for those who need to know.

I registered a datastore with the hosting server.  When I looked at the server logs it was saying it failed to connect to the underlying database file (SDE).  So I knew I had a database connection issue.  I went to the database connection in the server manager, selected the appropriate datastore and hit "Validate."  After doing so the layers published without issues.  

The only mystery is why the first one published, then the others failed. 

0 Kudos