Unable to overwrite a web layer, Error 400

Jump to solution
02-16-2022 07:43 AM
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

I am working on a hydrant inspection service project and I have a hydrant layer with a related table for inspections. I have made some changes to the table and fields in the hydrant layer on ArcGIS Pro and I am looking to overwrite my web layer.

The analysis passes without any warnings. My only concern is that there is a related table which could be causing issues with the overwriting.

Here are the error lines from the log:

StatusMessage: Publishing web layer failed (AGO)

StatusMessage: Server Response: ERROR: code:400, Unable to delete item. This service item has a related Service item, Bad syntax in request.

I did some reading on this beforehand and saw that the dates could be an issue, there were dates showing 12/30/1899 causing a possible bug but those have since been removed and replaced with dates from 1900 or later.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...okay.  Here are two related Esri Community threads that describe situations similar to yours.  Please review them and see if it mirrors what you're doing on your side.  What is the result?

1. Attempting to overwrite feature layer with related... - Esri Community
  2. Overwrite a Feature Service that has a Hosted Feat... - Esri Community

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I've seen this before with similar workflows - you can reference my Esri Community postings here and here.  Attempt the workflows mentioned in the solutions.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

I went through and recalculated the dates to omit the 12/30/1899 and I still receive the same error, although that could have been a part of my problem.

I believe that I could upload it as a separate FL but I am concerned with needing to rebuild all of the applications and web maps that are associated with this layer.

The error specifically references the related service and not being unable to delete it. Is there something I might need to do on the ArcGIS Online side?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...okay.  Here are two related Esri Community threads that describe situations similar to yours.  Please review them and see if it mirrors what you're doing on your side.  What is the result?

1. Attempting to overwrite feature layer with related... - Esri Community
  2. Overwrite a Feature Service that has a Hosted Feat... - Esri Community
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

I see, I believe the issue is the view layers that I created in ArcGIS Online using this layer as the host which would cause this error. Do you know of any streamlined method to "disconnect" the views and link them up again once this layer is overwritten?

The thread I am referencing is this one: 

Attempting to overwrite a layer with a related table - Esri Community 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There some documentation here that has considerations of where you can overwrite the hosted feature layer to refresh the data - but only certain items as it were.  Do any of these apply in your case?

Interesting item here as well.

0 Kudos
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

My view was created using the Join Features tool, it looks like I may need to recreate that view layer when I republish my hosted layer. Not optimal, but it is much better than recreating my entire hosted feature layer.

I will let you know the results of doing this, thank you!

0 Kudos
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

It worked, thanks again!