Unable to add xy point data from .xlsx - error 0x80040501

Jump to solution
04-22-2024 04:53 PM
Labels (3)
jlwatson_HWI
New Contributor

Hi there, I receive the error '0x80040501' when I try to add xy data from a .xlsx file. I went through all the suggested steps to resolve the issue including uninstalling Arc Pro, installing  Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 - Windows x64. I tried 8.0.4 as well. I also installed Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit driver using the silent installation per the specifications of my computer (64 bit with office installed using CTR technology). I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2Screenshot 2024-04-22 175225.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Here are some suggestions from this thread:

1) Make sure the coordinate data is not in “general” or text format instead of a number format, 2) make sure the longitude and latitude numbers are not reversed, 3) make sure to assign a coordinate system to the map frame.

Everything else I’m seeing is pointing to the Access Database software version (or driver versions), though I did see some talk about making sure the headings of your xlsx columns are free from spaces or special characters.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jlwatson_HWI
New Contributor

I should have said that I'm hoping for some suggestions as to how to proceed/resolve this issue. Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins

Here are some suggestions from this thread:

1) Make sure the coordinate data is not in “general” or text format instead of a number format, 2) make sure the longitude and latitude numbers are not reversed, 3) make sure to assign a coordinate system to the map frame.

Everything else I’m seeing is pointing to the Access Database software version (or driver versions), though I did see some talk about making sure the headings of your xlsx columns are free from spaces or special characters.

Hope that helps.

jlwatson_HWI
New Contributor

Thanks, @Eugene_Adkins. Seems that it was indeed something to do with the formatting of the file I was trying to input. Resolved the issue by removing some extraneous columns and retaining the coordinates and a few other necessary columns. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins

That’s good. Nothing like putting a “bad Monday” behind you. Maybe the answer will help someone else in the future too.

0 Kudos