Trying to apply drop-down domain to attribute table, but it is not showing up on the table as a drop down

Jump to solution
04-20-2020 11:53 AM
DawnYoung
New Contributor II

I am creating a parking map and for each space I have inserted a point feature, within that attribute tble, I would like to have a field of TYPE which indicates what kind of parking (ada, gen, res, etc) I have gone through all the steps of creating domains and fields however, when I create a new field for the point attribute table, the value does not show up a drop down of the options I entered. I am completely lost! I have attached screenshots. Thank you!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DawnYoung
New Contributor II

Oh wow! Thanks, Kory Kramer‌!

DawnYoung
New Contributor II

After watching your demo, I must have to have that bug. Thanks again, that was super helpful.

0 Kudos
DawnYoung
New Contributor II

Kory Kramer‌,

Would you have an idea why when I change/update domain codes and/or descriptions, it does not update in attribute table? For example: I changed the 'perpendicular' CODE from "P" to "PERP" and it stayed as "P" in the attribute table.

I am sure to save any changes. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Do you mean that you have P values in your attribute table, and then you update the domain code to PERP and existing values aren't updated?  This would be expected.  Existing values would need to be calculated to update them to PERP.

DawnYoung
New Contributor II

Oh I see. Yes, after I changed the code value, I did calculate field and it updated them. Thank you!

MirandaHancock
New Contributor

Thanks for the video! Do you know if this bug is associated to feature classes on SDE only? I hadn't had this problem until I moved my data into an SDE environment.  

0 Kudos