Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble Extracting multi values to points or Extracting Values to Points

07-25-2023 05:58 PM
Humayoun786
New Contributor II

I am working on multiple rasters to extract values for points from these rasters. When I try to extract values for these points following error appears: 010005: Unable to allocate memory. I have tried to make another random point feature with many more points, but it works very well for them. However, when I try to do it on my main point file error comes in again. I have tried to break the file into many parts, but the error remains. I have checked the values of the attribute table, and they are fine; moreover, the coordinates are also the same. The raster files and point feature are also in the geodatabase of the project and not hiding very deep. I am lost with this error, any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
7 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

In this case it would be best to follow the steps in the error code documentation. It could just be a case that the layer is too large and so will need to be split into smaller sections to process.

Hope that helps,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Humayoun786
New Contributor II

Thanks for replying.

The layer is not too large, I have created a much larger layer by making more random points and it works perfectly well, only with the initial layer this error persists. I am wondering what is causing it. 

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Thank you for testing that. It certainly seems like a data specific issue so it would be worth speaking to the supplier of the dataset.

If you can provide a copy of it I am happy to give this a test on my environment.

David

Humayoun786
New Contributor II

The data size is too big, I will not be able to attach it here. I am using Hensen dataset from this webpage: https://earthenginepartners.appspot.com/science-2013-global-forest/download_v1.7.html I am using tree cover data for 2000 raster files. I am using three raster files for Alaska: 70N160W, 70N150W, and 60N140W. After processing these rasters I want to extract data for my random points overlay over Alaska data. 

Thank you for helping out,

Humayoun

0 Kudos
Humayoun786
New Contributor II

Also, I have three locations: one is in Brazil and one is in Far Eastern Russia. In other locations, extracting multi values to points works very well, even for a lot more raster files. 

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Humayoun. 

Apologies for the delay on this. I have got around to testing this and I am encountering the same issue. I think the size of the data with its fine cell size is likely to be the cause of the error so I will do some testing with this over the week.

When you say you tried splitting it into smaller sections can we confirm how small these were?

Many thanks,

David

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Humayoun,

Unfortunately, I am unable to get this working. I would suggest highlighting this to the data supplier to see if there is an issue with the data layer.

Many thanks,

David

0 Kudos