Transformation Warning - NTv2 file

11-15-2023 03:01 AM
MarinaL
New Contributor

Hello,

After the latest update on ArcGIS Pro (3.2.0), I get the following error every time I open the software.

MarinaL_0-1700044718754.png

None of the world basemaps works on my BNG projects anymore and the layers don't align with the default aerial imagery basemap.

When I append a feature to our hosted layers, it uses the wrong projection on our online app – I have tested with data on BNG and WGS84 Web Mercator.

To troubleshoot:
- I searched for the ArcGIS Coordinate System Data at my.esri.com, but have not been able to find it.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled the software a couple of times.
- I couldn’t find the OSTN15_NTv2 file in the root folder – there is only an OSTN02_NTv2 file in “C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\pedata\ntv2\uk”. So, I downloaded the file, copied it to the path and ran the “Create Custom Geographic Transformation” process, but the error persists.

MarinaL_1-1700044718760.png

I would please like to know if there is any way to resolve this.

Thank you.

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps it is version specific

Install supplementary coordinate system files—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If the statement that the supplementary coordinate system data couldn't be found on MyEsri, then you would have to contact tech support

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MarinaL, literally came here to post about the same thing. We work on BNG and since upgrading to the lastest version of ArcGIS Pro we're now getting these warning messages. Equally, we have tried following the steps that lead to my.esri.com and find the Coordinate System Data file to download, but there's nothing of that sort in there. In this, we would also appreciate support from Esri here.

transformations.jpg

In our case, every time we open a map and see the warning, we update the transformation in the map properties to  OSGB 1936 to WGS 1894 NGA 7PAR, which works well for us. World Imagery Base map aligns well with everything else we overlay that has BNG as its CRS.

Now, for us, the other issue, and what I'm hoping to find a solution for, is that we see no way of having the NGA 7PAR transformation as a default for all maps that we create in ArcGIS Pro. Instead, it will default back to that OSTN15 and generate a warning message. This happens, for example, when we add and open to Pro a layout from our list oflayout templates. It would also happen if we add a layer "to a new map". 

Any support or ideas on how to work around this issue, please?

Thank you : )

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Anyone from ESRI staff with some insights, please?

0 Kudos
FlorjanVladi1
New Contributor II

This is very weird that they removed the OSTN15. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

You can download the ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data file from My Esri under the ArcGIS Pro 3.2 downloads page:

George_Thompson_0-1701702387480.png

--- George T.
0 Kudos
SimonNigh
New Contributor III

HI George,

I'm having the same issue and installing the coordinate systems data doesn't make a difference.  I'm using standard Esri basemaps but when you load BNG data you get a warning that no transformation can be found.

0 Kudos