Select to view content in your preferred language

Tracking Analyst in Pro

01-01-2020 09:21 PM
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Most of the functionality of Tracking analyst can be found in the time property of a layer.

One big functionality that we miss is to draw Tracks (lines) between points when you play them in time and to be able to label just the newest point.

Is there any plans to have Tracking analyst in Pro or to have similar functionality in the core product?

Thanks

Mody

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Regarding creating line connecting those points, I do have a workaround for that too - but it gets a bit complicated and hence I didn't post it any where plust I only know how to do that for SQL Server using a user defined function,  not sure how to achieve the same for other databases.

Thanks to Thomas Colson‌, I realized there is another way to achieve this with existing SQL server function - no need to write user defined functions.

See my comment here.

EmDubya
New Contributor

I've been (slowly) learning QGIS. The entire premise behind using software like ArcGIS was to cut down manual coding time and/or complexity of reaching the intended solution. The more frequently one has to employ the infamous "Esri workaround" for missing functionality pushes customers to look for other more permanent solutions in other platforms.
QGIS is a bit of a segmented out platform from what I've seen so far, but the price sure can't be beat. Esri's functionality is unarguably the most comprehensive in my view, but when customers upgrade to a new version of a product, they don't expect to lose functionality. That's why it's called an upgrade and not a downgrade. Really simple things like showing date modified for features in a geodatabase are still missing from ArcGIS Pro. Pro always seemed a bit rushed to market IMO and until Esri can restore lost functionality for the "Upgrade" they should continue to support ArcMap until that time which at the current pace might be 2050 😕?

0 Kudos