Select to view content in your preferred language

Tiff Topo Image not displaying well

09-07-2022 08:25 AM
JuanitaBorden
New Contributor

Hello.

I have Historic Topography TIFF files (I believe originally what you can find on USGS). When opened in windows picture viewer they look good. When I open them in ArcGIS Pro they look pixelated and not right, especially in the areas with text. I have tried changing stretch to none, clicking the different resamples (nearest neighbor, etc). I also tried exporting to other formats - = jpeg, crf, mrf. But it looks bad in all of them. Any ideas what else I can do to display the tiffs right? Is there a way for the software to not resample at all when it displays?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  I downloaded a GeoTIFF from the https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/ website and unzipped it into a folder.  The first time I added it to a Map View in ArcGIS Pro, it asked if I wanted to create raster statistics - I clicked OK.  In ArcGIS Pro, I then zoomed to source raster resolution and the below screen grab is my result.  Fairly clear text and other items.  My symbology defaulted to RGB, my Stretch Type defaulted to Percent Clip, the Resampling Type defaulted to Nearest Neighbor, and the Band Combination is Natural Color.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0.

GeoTIFF.JPG

0 Kudos