Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 Patch not showing up for download with 3.0 currently downloaded

Jump to solution
09-01-2022 01:55 PM
JustinMably
New Contributor

I recently upgraded from Pro version 2.9.x to 3.0. I had some issues with installing 3.0 and had my organizations IT team help delete a previous install fragment to successfully download Pro 3.0 on my local machine. Since then, Pro 3.0 has proven to be a bit clunky/error prone with the record-driven workflow I utilize with the Parcel Fabric. My supervisor ran into similar errors using the same workflow in Pro 3.0, but did NOT run into the errors in 2.9.3  (version used to create the task / record driven workflow I utilize) or on version 3.0.1

I want to try downloading the update patch 3.0.1. When I open up my Pro program and go to the 'About' tab, I notice a loading wheel near the Software Update Section before I receive a "Your ArcGIS Pro Version is up to date" confirmation (see attached screenshot).

Has anyone else had issues getting a patch to show up after a major upgrade like this? Any suggestions on additional things to try or look into to resolve this issue are greatly appreciated! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinMably
New Contributor

Thank you for this helpful tip, I will be sure to note and follow this same process for future major dot upgrades.

I was able to resolve this issue after contacting my organization's MyESRI store representative and having them post the 3.0.1 patch for download.  The patch downloaded smoothly and my system is now currently up to date running ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1, so in that regard my initial issue has been resolved. When the next patch is released, my hope is that my system will be back on track and notify me of the update (as I have the "check for updates on startup" box still marked), I will report back if the future update(s) do not show up properly.

I am still currently experiencing the same performance issue in my record driven workflow using version 3.0.1 that I did while having version 3.0 installed. I will continue testing to see if I can find a work-around, otherwise I will likely post another follow up question in the community. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Usually when I do a major dot upgrade, say 2.9 to 3.0 of ArcGIS Pro, I do a clean uninstall of 2.9, rename the Esri folders in your C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to Esri_old, install ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and "usually" everything works well.  I'd recommend renaming the Esri folders to Esri_old in both local and roaming and see IF that resolves the issue first.  Let me know how it goes.

JustinMably
New Contributor

Thank you for this helpful tip, I will be sure to note and follow this same process for future major dot upgrades.

I was able to resolve this issue after contacting my organization's MyESRI store representative and having them post the 3.0.1 patch for download.  The patch downloaded smoothly and my system is now currently up to date running ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1, so in that regard my initial issue has been resolved. When the next patch is released, my hope is that my system will be back on track and notify me of the update (as I have the "check for updates on startup" box still marked), I will report back if the future update(s) do not show up properly.

I am still currently experiencing the same performance issue in my record driven workflow using version 3.0.1 that I did while having version 3.0 installed. I will continue testing to see if I can find a work-around, otherwise I will likely post another follow up question in the community. 

0 Kudos