Table is not multiversioned error

12-13-2022 08:52 AM
DrewGuardi
New Contributor

I am trying to edit the vertices of line segments in a layer.  After I modify the vertices and try to save the edit I get the following error:  "Modify vertices failed.  The table is not multiversioned."  I've attached a screen shot of the error message.  How do I go about fixing this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Craig_Schellenbach
New Contributor II

FYI: I also got this error when we tried to use the Append tool into a versioned SDE database when the shapefile we were importing was in a different coordinate system. 

@DaraBurlo 🙂

VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

This error occurs when we add a new feature class to a feature dataset that is already versioned.  The fix is to go to the feature dataset 'manage' options and tick 'versioned'.

The box has a white fill when the feature dataset has versioning enabled but contains non versioned feature classes. If versioning is enabled on all feature classes it displays a tick.

A warning to reenable versioning when created a new dataset would be useful.

KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I seemingly get this error at random since upgrading to 3.2.  I'll try to edit a field and it will fail with this message.  I'll close, reopen and it will not be a problem for a bit then come up again for some reason.  Sometimes field calculator can do the edit where the manual attempt fails.  No one else has and edit session going on this data or is even looking at it.  Nothing about our data has ever been versioned or registered as such, so why would this come up?