Table Frames Always Missing On Opening ArcGIS Pro

08-07-2019 09:49 AM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having an ongoing issue with table frames in ArcGIS Pro 2.4. Every time I open a project, the table frames are gone and there is a red exclamation point next to the source tables. The properties pane has the correct source, but says that the tables are unavailable and I have to resource them. This happens every single time without fail. This is especially problematic with a large, detailed layout with multiple table frames. When I try to reopen this particular project, it takes forever, and then Pro crashes. I have to open the project on another virtual machine running Windows 7, save it, and then reopen it on my Windows 10 machine. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did your virtualized environment work well in ArcGIS Pro 2.3? or before?

Do you see any changes in requirements for 2.4?

Table Frames Always Missing On Opening ArcGIS Pro 

And as for Windows 7, an update is required for it compared to 2.3 and prior versions

ArcGIS Pro 2.4 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I don't generally work in the virtual environment in Windows 7. I'm just saying that once I close a project in 2.4 and Windows 10, the table frames are again unsourced and the project repeatedly crashes Pro when I try to open it. I can only reopen the project on a VM with 2.4 and Windows 7 at this point. I have to save it as is, reopen in Windows 10 and resource the tables. Rinse,repeat. I've been keeping the project open as long as possible, but eventually it becomes a memory drain (~8GB) and I have to close it. 

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Levi, 

I'm currently unaware of any known issue similar to the one you describe above. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

LeviCecil

I contacted technical support. This is still an issue after installing the new 2.4.1 ArcGIS Pro patch. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Indeed.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I've had multiple calls with ESRI tech support and we haven't made much progress. They thought it was a cross network drive issue, but the problem persists when exporting the project to a pagx file on my local C: drive, and sourcing the table frames from an Excel sheet in the same directory. I DID discover something very interesting today.

If the table frames project is the first project I try to open after starting Pro, then Pro crashes, or the layout opens and the table frames are unsourced. The source in the properties pane is correct, but the tables have exclamation points next to them and the table frames just say "table frame." If I open another project first and then navigate to the table frames project without closing Pro, everything is fine and the table frames are sourced. I have recreated this behavior multiple times and it works every time. This smells like a bug.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Levi, 

Sounds like you have the reproducible steps to take to technical support.

Tom

LeviCecil

Apparently there is a logged bug with the Excel 2016 driver that will be addressed in an upcoming Pro release. 

0 Kudos