Table Frame data does not show on exported layout

03-02-2021 11:30 AM
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

I have a map series in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1 that I inserted a Table Frame into which displays correctly when viewed the in Pro.  However, when I export the series to PDF or JPEG the table goes blank and only displays the extents.  I tested different settings in the Export Layout box, but nothing has worked.  Any suggestions?

7 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Adam, 

I'm unaware of any issue where the table frame is being dropped from the export. I do not think this problem is due to any export settings. 

It might be due to the table frame and its source data.  Are you experiencing this with only this table frame? If you create a new table frame (using a different data source) does this table frame show up in the export?  If you copy the "problem" layout does the table frame draw in the copied layout?  If so, does it show up in the export?

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

I've run into a similar issue with a blank table frame and annotations not appearing in the map in ArcPro 2.6.2. Sometimes it exports with, sometimes without. I've played with the export settings but haven't figured out when/why to expect this behaviour. 

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Sarah, 

Sorry you're running into this problem. We have not been able to reproduce this issue. Can you contact support? They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
NickFlatgard
New Contributor

I also experienced the same issue.  However, the data source for the table frame was a view in SQL enterprise db.  I exported the view to table, reset the table frame source to the newly created table and this solved the issue.  ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for the extra info. I did a quick test creating Table Frames with both a table from a Database View and a Query Layer table.  Both Table Frames display as expected in the exported PDF. It's quite possible that there is a variable to your data/workflow that I am missing that is ceasing your issue.

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks for the feedback,

Tom

0 Kudos
NickFlatgard
New Contributor

I should also mention that the views are pivot tables that were created with MS SQL Management Studio.  I experienced the issue when exporting a map series that utilizes page queries for the map and table frames.

I have not contacted support yet, but will be doing so later this week.

0 Kudos
KatSchutte
New Contributor

I ran into the same issue on ArcGIS Pro 2.9. I was able work around the issue by converting the Table Frame to a graphic. 

0 Kudos