Symbology Fields

Jump to solution
06-05-2019 05:43 AM
DanCharlesworth
New Contributor

Hi All,

I need some help on symbology if at all possible. My data has two key fields, management and year. I have taken a screenshot of the current data symbology and attached it. Where the management type is "1" I need to symbolise against 2 (both) fields. Where the management type is anything other than "1" I only need to identify against 1 field, the management type field. 

I'm hoping the attached file will explain the issue more thoroughly. Essentially where its management type 1 I need it to symobolise differently for each 5 year period and this is where the felling year field is utilised. Where the management type is anything other than 1 I just need it to symbolise based on the management type and the felling year can be ignored. 

Can this be done?    

Thanks

Dan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

To do this somewhat statically, you could add a Symbol field, select your records where Management = 1 and concatenate Management + Year into that field.  Then switch the selection (where Management not equal to 1) and populate the Symbol field with just Management.  

You could achieve this without adding a new field to the data, and have it work dynamically by using Arcade.  

https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/function-reference/logical_functions/#iif

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

To do this somewhat statically, you could add a Symbol field, select your records where Management = 1 and concatenate Management + Year into that field.  Then switch the selection (where Management not equal to 1) and populate the Symbol field with just Management.  

You could achieve this without adding a new field to the data, and have it work dynamically by using Arcade.  

https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/function-reference/logical_functions/#iif

DanCharlesworth
New Contributor

Thank you, the arcade info has resolved my issue.

Thanks again.