Summarize Raster Within

Jump to solution
02-04-2020 02:35 PM
ThilinaSurasinghe1
New Contributor II

I am looking for a tool to calculate mean across multiple rasters. I am aware of cell statistics tool that can be used here. I am also aware that raster calculator can also be used here. But, in my research I came across time tool: "Summarize Raster Within: Summarize Raster Within—RasterAnalysis Tools | ArcGIS Desktop 

However, I cannot locate this tool in my version of ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3. The tool I could find were for polygons (summarize within), not for rasters. 

This tool was refereed to in this tread. Any guidance on use of this tool will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Cell statistics allows you to do it in batch mode, however, you can only vary the statistics type, not the input rasters.

This is how you would "batch" a tool in any event.  Using Zonal Statistics as an example.

If your rasters are all for the same area (ie stacked up over time) then you can use arcpy's RasterToNumPyArray to process statistics at a local level.

I have a number of blog posts on how to use arcpy and numpy to do things that aren't builtin to ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap

/blogs/dan_patterson/2018/02/06/cell-statistics-made-easy-raster-data-over-time 

/blogs/dan_patterson/2018/08/19/focal-and-local-statistics-for-rasters-without-the-spatial-analyst 

plus others...

and a bit dated

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=564707aec4f144c083e57656dae98022 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Cell statistics allows you to do it in batch mode, however, you can only vary the statistics type, not the input rasters.

This is how you would "batch" a tool in any event.  Using Zonal Statistics as an example.

If your rasters are all for the same area (ie stacked up over time) then you can use arcpy's RasterToNumPyArray to process statistics at a local level.

I have a number of blog posts on how to use arcpy and numpy to do things that aren't builtin to ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap

/blogs/dan_patterson/2018/02/06/cell-statistics-made-easy-raster-data-over-time 

/blogs/dan_patterson/2018/08/19/focal-and-local-statistics-for-rasters-without-the-spatial-analyst 

plus others...

and a bit dated

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=564707aec4f144c083e57656dae98022 

0 Kudos
ThilinaSurasinghe1
New Contributor II

@Dan Patterson. Thank you. Thank you for those links and screen shots. I believe this is the way to go for my purpose. I also Figured that 

Summarize Raster Within is only available via a specific license.   

0 Kudos