Start ArcGIS PRO without a project, but with a new Map already added in automatically?

Jump to solution
02-08-2021 07:31 AM
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to start ArcGIS PRO without a project but with a new Map already added in automatically?

Every time I have to click Insert>New Map to start pulling my data in. What if you could choose what to be added automatically (New Map, Scene, etc) on the Options>General>Start ArcGIS PRO... ?

JoabelBarbieri_0-1612798558584.png

If not an option currently, ESRI please consider adding it...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not exactly the same thing as you're asking but you could create a project template with the map and anything else you'd like to see for default startup and use that going forward.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You might want to move this to ... ArcGIS Pro Ideas ... 

It seems like an idea rather than a question.

... sort of retired...
JoabelBarbieri

It's both actually. Maybe this is possible already and I don't know how....

But thank you, I'll move it there.

0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri

and how do I move it there? I created a new idea there but it seems I can't delete this one from here 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Once people have responded, it remains here as a question too.  Contact the moderators if you feel you need to delete something beyond that timeline

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri

Got it. It's fine then, it's already gone from the timeline. Many new posts ! thanks 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not exactly the same thing as you're asking but you could create a project template with the map and anything else you'd like to see for default startup and use that going forward.