Select to view content in your preferred language

st_geometry library issues

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
tadaskiškėnas
New Contributor II

hello i am trying run script to create db in postgresql on linux (we using arcgispro 3.3 and postgressql 15)

but get error:

Creating geodatabase 'map' ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 7919, in CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase
raise e
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 7916, in CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase
retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase_management(*gp_fixargs((database_platform, instance_name, database_name, account_authentication, database_admin, database_admin_password, sde_schema, gdb_admin_name, gdb_admin_password, tablespace_name, authorization_file, spatial_type), True)))
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 520, in <lambda>
return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: [Setup was unable to access the st_geometry library [ERROR: could not access file "st_geometry": No such file or directory::SQLSTATE=58P01]]
Connected RDBMS instance is not setup for Esri spatial type configuration.
ERROR 003422: Setup was unable to access the st_geometry library.
Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).

after some research i downloded ArcGIS Pro 3.3 ST_Geometry Libraries (PostgreSQL), copied PGSQLEngine.so and st_geometry.so files to /usr/lib/postgresql/15/lib and now get error:

arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: Setup st_geometry library ArcGIS version does not match the expected version in use [Success] st_geometry library release expected: 1.30.4.10, found: 1.30.5.10Connected RDBMS instance is not setup for Esri spatial type configuration.

ERROR 003425: Setup st_geometry library ArcGIS version does not match the expected version in use.Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).

as i understood there's some file version dismatch.

which files i should use?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Looking at this doc: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-postgresql/setup-geodatabase-... you only need to place the st_geometry file in that location.

Did you download the file from My Esri or somewhere else?

--- George T.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Looking at this doc: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-postgresql/setup-geodatabase-... you only need to place the st_geometry file in that location.

Did you download the file from My Esri or somewhere else?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
tadaskiškėnas
New Contributor II

i tryin run script from arcgispro 3.3 software

yes, i downloaded st_geometry library (linux) from MyESRI arcgisPRO 3.3 downloads section.

yes i copied st_geometry.so and PGSQLEngine.so to my postgresql server in /usr/lib/postgresql/15/lib

nad i got error:L ERROR 003425: Setup st_geometry library ArcGIS version does not match the expected version in use.Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).

so which version of st_geometry i should download?

thanks

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

That should be the correct version. You may want to contact Esri Technical support to work with them on this issue.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
tadaskiškėnas
New Contributor II

that was my fault - i use 3.3 files with 3.2 software.

thanks a lot for help.