Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to update to ArcGIS 3.3

05-13-2024 01:20 PM
Labels (1)
FlightDeck
New Contributor III

Hey all,

I am trying to update to ArcGIS 3.3 but keep running into an issue with Microsoft edge WebView 2 Runtime. Although it is installed and up to date I am unable to get past this error (image Attached). Has anyone else encountered this? How did you get past it? I am unable to uninstall it, but I can and did run a repair to no avail. 

9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

See Software Requirements

ArcGIS Pro 3.3 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

it needs to be installed

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

More information in the ArcGIS Pro Blog.

Additionally, ArcGIS Pro 3.3 requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime version 117 or later. If it is not already installed on the machine, use the Evergreen Bootstrapper or Evergreen Standalone installer from Microsoft. Learn more in this blog.

0 Kudos
FlightDeck
New Contributor III

as above, It is installed and up to date.... I tried to uninstall and reinstall but uninstalling is not an option. The only option I have is to repair. Repairing Webview2 provided no change and I am still getting the error. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support is your best option then.  There is nothing listed as errors or bugs for Pro 3.3 and WebView2 on the public facing support site.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure that WebView and ArcGIS Pro are both installed either Per-Machine or Per-User.  If you install WebView as one and try to install ArcGIS Pro as the other, you will get an error.

FlightDeck
New Contributor III

I'm pretty sure both are per machine, but can you tell me how I would verify this?

0 Kudos
Michael_Knapp
New Contributor III

Ran into this same issue..... then installed WebView2 explicity as administrator (right-click --> Run as Administrator), then we were good.

ViduraGeekiyanage
New Contributor

Got same error. Update windows. No other option

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support

They may have case specific suggestions that aren't on the public facing support site.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos