SOCET for ArcPro

06-15-2022 03:06 AM
Labels (1)
Rebecca_Emerson
New Contributor

I'm wondering if there are any users in the community that have used the SOCET for ArcPro add in?

My issue is the data's vertical datum won't translate as it is intended to do. 

My database and project have a vertical datum world Ellipsoidal based - WGS1984, 

My SOCET workspace has Ellipsoid EGM96

When SOCET is connected to ArcMap existing data projected from ArcMap or data captured in SOCET is translated on the fly, but in Pro the translation isn't working. 

The discrepancy varies across the world and appears to be that the difference between the ellipsoid and geoid. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Rebecca - one question I have is when you go into the 3D Scenes properties and click the Transformation tab on the left of the Map Properties UI, is the Transformation Path filled into between the vertical datums or is it empty?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Rebecca_Emerson
New Contributor

Robert - apologies for the delay

The Transformation path is empty.  It is important to note that the SOCET for Arc Connection cannot be used with a global scene. I did check the same parameters in the standard map and those too are empty. 

If you have suggestions on how these should be populated i'm very interested. IN the interium I'll continue experimenting

0 Kudos