Slow Editing in ArcMap 10.6

02-06-2018 03:09 PM
KeithBurdette1
New Contributor III

Anyone else having issues with editing in ArcMap 10.6?  Currently, my shop uses ArcMap 10.5.1 and I imported our existing template into 10.6.  Scrolling around works at a comparable speed but once I start and edit session, everything slows down.  Snapping is slow.  Mouse clicks response are slow.  Everything is slow.

In 10.5.1, we use the Attribute Assistant and Water Utility Network add-ins.  I've tried both the 3.1.2017 and 1.17.2018 versions of these tools and both are slow.

I tried a couple different methods to rebuild the templates and editing was still slow.

I've tried the steps on this blog post and nothing helped.

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support/blog/2012/06/07/troubleshooting-slow-performance... 

I've cleaned the map cache and set the geoprocessing results management to keep for less than a day.

I've started a ticket with ESRI but was curious to see how many other people were experiencing this problem too.

Tags (3)
68 Replies
KeithBurdette1
New Contributor III

SQL Server 2016

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

There was a patch needed for SQL Server performance with SDE 10.5.1, so maybe a patch will be needed from ESRI for 10.6 as well

0 Kudos
KeithBurdette1
New Contributor III

Yeah - we had an issue with mxds and sde datapaths in 10.5.1 that was solved by a patch.  Hopefully there is a similar fix for this issue.

0 Kudos
CésarPires
New Contributor III

When i am editing in the default version everything works fine, but editing in child versions all gets slow.

0 Kudos
CésarPires
New Contributor III

I tried to create a geodatabase in PostgreSQl 9.6 and the problem still persists, i think this is a problem of the upgrade of the geodatabase to 10.6. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone seen this slowness with editing when working against an Oracle SDE database?

0 Kudos
AbeCoughlin1
New Contributor III

Yes we have.

Windows 10. SDE 10.6. Desktop 10.6. Oracle 12.

0 Kudos
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

I had this problem as well. I went back to 10.5.1 because it was so bad. Editing in both file geodatabases and SDE was super slow and caused my arcmap to crash multiple time. 

Were you able to get it working better? 

0 Kudos
KeithBurdette1
New Contributor III

I have not been able to get it working better.  I too have gone back to editing in 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

Too bad, 10.6 fixed a bug we were having but slowness is unbearable, I guess we will have to wait until 10.6.1

What did support say when you contacted them about it? 

0 Kudos