Select to view content in your preferred language

Sharing as a web layer - Unable to Publish

Jump to solution
a month ago
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 3.3 is compatible with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 and above. Why will the program not register what version of Enterprise or default to the current Enterprise version?  I have notice that this is becoming an issue with Pro 3.3. I have ran similar issues with arcade labeling and attribute rules, however, Barbara S. (ESRI) has been able to help me with solutions. Are there any work-a-rounds for sharing web layers? 

_AshleyBPotter__0-1718646991783.png

_AshleyBPotter__1-1718647006562.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

The problem technically isn't with ArcGIS Pro. The problem is with your underlying data. Esri released new GDB functionality at 3.2. Some of which include new high precision date fields and 64 bit ObjectIDs. So if you created new tables at 3.2+, then often times by default, it will include this new GDB functionality which is not compatible with versions of ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 or earlier.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a solution except to not use this new functionality.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/ensure-backward-client-compatibility-when-registering-...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

Okay, thank you for your rapid response. This is valuable information. This particular data is derived from an 10.2 GDB (Yes, I have tried to address how old this GDB is.). I have had similar questions about some internal issues we are experiencing. I think this link you shared will help with those as well. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

The problem technically isn't with ArcGIS Pro. The problem is with your underlying data. Esri released new GDB functionality at 3.2. Some of which include new high precision date fields and 64 bit ObjectIDs. So if you created new tables at 3.2+, then often times by default, it will include this new GDB functionality which is not compatible with versions of ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 or earlier.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a solution except to not use this new functionality.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/ensure-backward-client-compatibility-when-registering-...

0 Kudos
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

Okay, thank you for your rapid response. This is valuable information. This particular data is derived from an 10.2 GDB (Yes, I have tried to address how old this GDB is.). I have had similar questions about some internal issues we are experiencing. I think this link you shared will help with those as well. 

0 Kudos
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

If by internal issues you mean that older versions of Pro cannot open new gdb's then you are very correct. Someone with Pro version prior to 3.2 or ArcMap will not be able to open the gdb. This is creating huge problems with sharing data with our partners that do not upgrade quickly.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, the only solution is to stay at the lowest release of Pro among all your partners, or have separate environments with Pro installed on each one that corresponds to the version your partners are running.

0 Kudos