Share web layer to Portal, data by reference

09-29-2020 06:59 AM
Ranga_Tolapi
Occasional Contributor III

How to share web layer “by reference” to ArcGIS portal’s federated server, such that web layer uses data from a registered data store?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Ranga,

Which type of layer are you trying to share? I've added a few help articles below about how to share web layers. Hopefully they will be helpful.

Feature layer

Map image layer

Scene layer

Imagery layer

Elevation layer

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
Ranga_Tolapi

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me give some additional information.

ArcGIS Portal is behind the load balancer with WebContextURL configured. ArcGIS Server federated through load balancer URL of ArcGIS Portal. Geodatabase too located behind the load balancer and registered with ArcGIS Server as data store.

We are not entitled to have any additional Geodatabase other than the one above.

Questions:

1. Where to locate ArcGIS Pro? Behind load balancer or in front?

2. How to maintain the same Geodatabase connection for Publisher and Server? Such that Web Feature Layer will use data from registered data store.

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Ranga,

Please see the following article about managing registered data stores in ArcGIS Pro: Manage registered data stores

Sorry, I'm not sure I know the answer to your question about the load balancer. Here's an article that might provide some assistance: Multiple-machine deployment with third party load balancer—ArcGIS Enterprise

If you don't get a response from others who are more familiar with this subject, you can always reach out to technical support for assistance.

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
Ranga_Tolapi

Hi Jonah,

Thank you so much for your response, appreciated.