How to edit a Custom Tools ScreenTip?

09-24-2020 06:48 PM
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All. I have custom models loaded into the Tools section of the Analysis Ribbon in ArcGIS Pro. Originally, one of my tools had a description (originally built in ArcMap) that now displays as the ScreenTip when you hover over the tool. I want to update the ScreenTip as the tool has been heavily modified with the new functionality in ArcGIS Pro but I can't find anyway to edit the ScreenTip. I've tried editing the Metadata page but this won't flow through to the tool (even after removing it and adding it again). 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Take a look at this documentation: Document a custom geoprocessing tool—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

You should be able to edit the GP tool from Toolbox.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Yep. Tried that. Edited Metadata to display text as per current tool operation but the ScreenTip hasn't updated to reflect this (if this is indeed where the ScreenTip sources it's description). 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

This may be an example that needs to have technical support review. I would open a new case to have the support team review.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

I think I'll have to do that. Thanks for your help. I'll try remember to post back here with the outcome. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
0 Kudos