Select to view content in your preferred language

Share As (Vector Tile) Web Layer produces empty tile layers

06-07-2018 10:10 AM
AndyWells
Frequent Contributor

If I run Share As Web Layer in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2, and choose vector tile as my layer type, the resulting hosted vector tile layer gets successfully created in ArcGIS Online, but it appears empty. The selected scale range is correct, and you can zoom to the layer but it is as if the symbology is completely transparent. I analyzed the layer, and there were no errors reported during the process.

If I create the vector tile layer by using the Create Vector Tile Package, then Share Package, then publish the layer that works as expected.

I would really rather use the Share Map as Web Layer tool instead of the Create Vector Tile Package tool which requires several more steps. 

Is there something I am missing? I am testing this on an extremely simple polygon layer with no labels and no complicated symbology.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthewLofgren
Frequent Contributor

Did you give it some time for it to unpack? It seems to be variable. 

You can see the status of the job by going to your organizations tile rest services (copy from URL box in bottom right of the item's detail page in AGO - trim everything after ..rest/services)

It should look like https://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/<your-org-string>/arcgis/rest/services 

Click Login in the upper right

Browse to the vector tile service you just published.

Click 'Jobs' next to Resources.

Check the status. If it says DONE and the tiles still dont show then it is probably something else.

0 Kudos