Select to view content in your preferred language

set rows in attribute table to not be visible on my map

05-24-2024 02:21 PM
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro ver 3.1 - Beginner

I have a list of MH segments and I want to only show a portion of them in the attribute table on my map. I know I can set a FIELD as not visible, but how do I make a ROW not visible?

Barbara

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

To make a row not visible you will still need to identify a piece of the data that is unique to the specific row (in a column) and then apply a definition query that would be applicable to your desired outcome. At the very least, you could use your Object ID field, though depending upon the number of features/rows you don’t want visible, this could be a lengthy process since you have more than a thousand features/rows.

Hope that helps get you started.

0 Kudos
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

I'm not really clear and I'm a really beginner at definition queries so do you have a sample of this kind of definition query?

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Using your data, you'll need to identify what rows you want (or do not want) to appear in your map by using attributes unique enough to distinguish what you want visible.

In your case (see the screen shot), you could use the column "OBJECTID" or the column "ID" (or perhaps the upstream or downstream fields if they are also discernable enough) for your definition query.

From your layer properties (right-click your feature class/layer), choose Definition Query and then decide whether you want your OBJECTID data to limit what appears by making the query "OBJECTID 'is equal to' [provide your information]", or by making the query "OBJECTID 'is not equal to' [provide your information]" or by using the delimiter that best fits your query (see the screen shot).

Here is some ESRI documentation to help with Definition Queries: Introduction to query expressions—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Eugene_Adkins_0-1716922191129.png

Eugene_Adkins_1-1716922615376.png

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III
Thank you. This did the trick. Barbara
0 Kudos