Set default map extent for all users in organisation

Jump to solution
08-15-2024 08:02 AM
Labels (1)
Peter_Green
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,

I've been hunting around for an answer to this but can't seem to find one. I'm just wondering if it is possible to set a default map extent, basemap and/or units in ArcGIS Pro for all users within my organisation. The idea is that when one of our organisation's users starts a new project they will see a particular map at a particular extent. 

More specifically, when creating a new project/map I'd like to users to be zoomed to Scotland as their extent and view an OS basemap as the default base map.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Those settings come from the Portal that Pro is connected to. If you go to the home/organization.html?tab=map#settings page of your portal, you can set the default basemap, extent, and units.

Individual users can override this default in their application settings, but the default setting is to defer to whatever you set here.

jcarlson_0-1723734982851.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Those settings come from the Portal that Pro is connected to. If you go to the home/organization.html?tab=map#settings page of your portal, you can set the default basemap, extent, and units.

Individual users can override this default in their application settings, but the default setting is to defer to whatever you set here.

jcarlson_0-1723734982851.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Peter_Green
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Josh. 

0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes and just to add to the above answer

Map and scene options—Properties of maps | ArcGIS Desktop

Organization > Settings > Map > Default Extent.

Question | Analyze | Visualize
Peter_Green
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Ed.