Select to view content in your preferred language

Selection order does not respect drawing order

yesterday
Labels (1)
Eschwanitz
New Contributor

I have a feature layer that contains overlapping polygons. In symbology>feature drawing order, I have set the drawing order to the area field, meaning that smaller polygons always draw on top of larger ones and no polygon is completely obscured.

However, the select & explore tools don't seem to respect this drawing order. Clicking somewhere that overlays multiple polygons will first return the polygon with the lowest OID, rather than the polygon that's drawn on top. I know I can cycle through selections using the selection chip, but selecting a feature that visually appears "lower" is unintuitive.

Is there a way that I can change the selection preference order to match the feature drawing order?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RTPL_AU
Occasional Contributor III

@Eschwanitz  yes - this is strange behaviour and I've also not found a way to make it behave in an expected way. 

Lodge this as an Idea (Pretty much a copy/paste of your text). If there is a way to do this an Esri rep will quickly tell us and close the idea, or it will land in the pool of things we can have better metrics to evaluate Pro development against.  

0 Kudos