Selection Options Setting in Arc Pro

11-21-2018 08:52 AM
RickGeittmann
Occasional Contributor II

In arc Map I could go to Selection Options and adjust the pixel value for SELECTION TOLERANCE which made it very easy to grab something during an edit session.

Is this setting available in Pro and if so WHERE ???

See attached image of the setting from Arc Map in question

Thanks

19 Replies
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

The only place I have encountered the setting of pixel tolerance is with snapping settings (Edit tab > Snapping group > Snapping Settings). This kind-of functions the same as grabbing (snapping to) features during an edit session. Is this what you were looking for?

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this the tolerance that would be used when clicking on a feature such as a point so the pop-up information for that feature appears?  If not, where would that setting be found in Pro?

0 Kudos
RickGeittmann

No that adjusts the SNAP TO not the setting I referred to 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is there an equivalent setting then?

0 Kudos
RickGeittmann

Nope that is the SNAP TO not the " grab something pixel tolerance"

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The snap link is...

Turn snapping on or off—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

which explains the options and shows the snapping setting image in Mervyn's post

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this the setting in Pro that determines if you've clicked close enough to a feature for the pop-up information to appear for that feature?  This would mostly apply to points.  I don't see this information shown in the link that you have provided.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't see that one any more thankfully.  There was nothing more problematic when someone had the pixel tolerance set to 3 pixels and kept zooming in and missing the point within the tolerance.  Distance based seems to be the unspoken default, but 

Kory Kramer‌ would be the person with the know... Kory, any clue if it still exists?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Michael, there isn't a setting that I'm aware of to control the "pop-up tolerance."  Note that the Explore tool acts on a feature's symbol rather than the xy location.  So the ability to "hit" a 20 pt point symbol is easier than a 4 pt points symbol.