Selection Function Wont Turn Off!

Jump to solution
08-22-2022 05:12 PM
Labels (1)
AcdenHelios
Emerging Contributor

Hey there!

I'm running into a bit of an odd problem - when I use the 'select' tool under Maps, I can't get it to turn off! Has anyone have this happen before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AcdenHelios
Emerging Contributor

Oh goodness, the solution was simple. Click on the 'Explore' button to cancel it. 😖

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MCameron
Esri Contributor

Hi @AcdenHelios 

Hope you are having a great morning! I am unsure of the issue you are experiencing, however, I would be happy to try and help if I can get a little more detail. Could you please share:

• In ArcGIS Pro, under the Map Tab, please locate the Navigation section and click on 'Explore'. This should return the pointer to a hand that allows you to drag and pan around the map pane. 
  • Do you see this same behaviour do you still have the selection turned on after clicking on 'Explore'? 
  • If the above test did not work, could you share what version of ArcGIS Pro you are using, and possibly a screenshot of the behaviour you are seeing? 
0 Kudos
Lorenz
by
Occasional Contributor

Open the attribute table of the layer from which you selected the values. There, you should see a "Clear" selection" button. Click it, and the selection should be gone. 

0 Kudos
AcdenHelios
Emerging Contributor

Oh, it's not the selection on the map itself, it's the cursor! I can't get my cursor back to a normal one to do things like move the map because this stays toggled on:

AcdenHelios_0-1661262947710.png

I thought if I clicked it again that it would turn it off, but all is does is drop the menu down to pick a different kind of selection. 

0 Kudos
AcdenHelios
Emerging Contributor

Oh goodness, the solution was simple. Click on the 'Explore' button to cancel it. 😖