Select all symbol classes for copy/paste

Jump to solution
12-05-2023 01:56 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I want to do some testing in ArcGIS Pro to see how copying/pasting symbol classes behaves in version 3.2.

In Pro 2.6.8, I could click a cell in a symbol class and hit CTRL+A to select all rows/classes. I just had to fiddle with it for a second to get it to select properly.

Video of 2.6.8:

But in Pro 3.2, if I try the same thing, CTRL+A doesn't seem to have an effect. No rows are selected.

Video of 3.2:

Is there a way to select all symbol classes in 3.2? Or was the ability to select symbol classes intentionally removed, since copying the values didn't work properly?

See Export symbology classes to a table —> @wayfaringrob's comment (‎12-14-2022 02:52 PM EST).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I just had to fiddle with it the same way I did in 2.6.8. Double-click on a cell to go into text/value editing mode. Then click a different row/symbology class. Then hit CTRL+A and CTRL+C.

Once I've done that at least one time, then CTRL+A works normally, without the extra steps beforehand.

Unfortunately, 3.2 behaves the same way as 2.6.8 when pasting the values into Excel or Notepad: an empty array/table gets pasted, not the actual values.

Esri Case #03501469 - Copying/pasting values from the symbology pane results in an array of empty cells

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I just had to fiddle with it the same way I did in 2.6.8. Double-click on a cell to go into text/value editing mode. Then click a different row/symbology class. Then hit CTRL+A and CTRL+C.

Once I've done that at least one time, then CTRL+A works normally, without the extra steps beforehand.

Unfortunately, 3.2 behaves the same way as 2.6.8 when pasting the values into Excel or Notepad: an empty array/table gets pasted, not the actual values.

Esri Case #03501469 - Copying/pasting values from the symbology pane results in an array of empty cells

0 Kudos