Select to view content in your preferred language

Search Indexing Memory Limit Reached!

11 hours ago
RobDunfey
Occasional Contributor

Hi, We're trying to index a network drive, thousands of large and complicated files.  The indexer keep quitting every 10 mins with a memory limit reached error?  Any idea how to increase the memory limit?

Its running on a Windows machine, Intel Xeon Processor 2.29GHx, 100 GB RAM; the indexerer is ran from an empy project file, and the process(es) never get more than a few hundred meg.  The log file is set to 2000MB file. The index files are only 6MB in size, the log and process files 27 mb.

Kind Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MErikReedAugusta
Occasional Contributor III

From skimming the help page on Indexing (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/update-the-search-index-for-project-items.htm), it looks like it should be able to pause & resume, even when it hits the memory limit, I think?

So I guess dumb question first: Each time it stops and you restart, are you sure that it's starting from scratch, or is it resuming its progress and getting further each time?

Another thought would be whether the specs on the networked drive (or the network connection, itself) might be the bottleneck.  Because the specs on your end theoretically shouldn't be a bottleneck, unless Pro isn't using all of the available resources.

I'm kinda surprised I haven't found anything on this page about increasing the allocated memory, but it might be there and I just haven't found it.

0 Kudos