Script or tool to set up editor tracking

Jump to solution
06-04-2021 06:23 AM
YinghongLi1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am working to set up editor tracking for our SDE database.  I realized that it is a huge job.  Since our tracking fields are same for all the layers in the database.  I'd like to know if there is a script or tool which can be used to do this for each dataset.  I searched and found nothing.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

The Enable Editor Tracking tool is the one you need. Enterprise geodatabases need a connection as the data owner. Available in ArcGIS Pro 2.6+.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Tim_McGinnes

The Enable Editor Tracking tool is the one you need. Enterprise geodatabases need a connection as the data owner. Available in ArcGIS Pro 2.6+.

YinghongLi1
Occasional Contributor

thanks.  i saw it but i thought it is just enable the editor tracking and nothing else.  it is just what i want.

another question,  any script to setup attribute rule?  we need to set up unique ID by database sequence and our ID filed is same for all the layers within a dataset.  I'd like to find the script which can do this for a dataset.

again thanks very much for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes

Add Attribute Rule 

I haven’t used that - there’s info in the tool documentation about database sequences and enterprise considerations.

0 Kudos
YinghongLi1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks and have a good weekend!

0 Kudos
YinghongLi1
Occasional Contributor

one added note.  Enable Editor Tracking geo processing tool only works for SDE created fields.  It does not apply to customized fields.  at this moment,  it seems there is no tool for setting up editor tracking on customized fields.  so it is still a manual process at each feature class level.

0 Kudos