Select to view content in your preferred language

Scheduled Append task returning 0x1 error

10-26-2022 08:29 AM
CraigFreeman2
New Contributor II

I update a point layer on a SQL server enterprise geodatabase by scheduling a Truncate and Append job in ArcPro every night.     The scheduled jobs are python scripts are Windows Task Scheduled jobs where the scripts are located in C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Geoprocessing\ScheduledTools

This method has worked well until the point layer was connected to a published map in the WebApp.   Now, every night, the Truncate tool runs, emptying the layer, but the Append returns an 0x1 error in Task Scheduler. 

I'm having a hard time tracing the error, as the tool "runs" but doesn't actually append any records.  

I'd also like to know if there's a more Esri approved method for pipelining data like this, updating from local geodatabase to Enterprise to ArcOnline/Web?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Is this a MapService?  I had similar issues trying to append to SDE dataset(s) that are utilized in services due to the schema locking.

At first, I would run script to stop the required services, then do my append, then restart the service.

For most of them now, I have found that in the service properties (of mapservice), you can disable the schema locking and I can truncate/append at will with no errors.

R_

CraigFreeman2
New Contributor II

Thank you!  I'll try this out.   It's curious that Truncate runs fine despite the schema locks.  Did you see the same issue?

0 Kudos