Scale division

06-26-2019 05:13 PM
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I found strange behaviour for the division value of my scale in nautical miles.  I import my project from arcmap and everything is good with 0.2 value.  Unfortunately, when I try to change it or create a new one, it's impossible.  The division value is not accepted and the box is light red with the message "Please enter a number".

But if Pro ajust the divisions from fix lenght, fraction exist?

Why accept it from import scale but not when try it in Pro.  Check for dot and comma separation with the same result.  So arcmap accept fraction but not Pro except if the are import.

Do someone have an idea or do I have to make my scale in arcmap and import them in Pro (very time consuming).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarcelSt-Germain

No one have an idea, answer?

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marcel,

I'm having a little trouble understanding the behavior you are seeing. Could you provide a screenshot of what the pane looks like after importing these scale bars?

Cheers,

Aubri Kinghorn

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

In short, in arcmap, I could put fraction in division value.  When importing, it's stay there.  If I try to change or create a new one with fractions, the division Value is red.  When import from arcmap it's not red by the way.

no fractionTry fraction

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marcel, 

There is no restriction with having a decimal value as a division value for a scale bar that is using Nautical Miles as the map unit. Below is a screenshot of an .mxd imported into ArcGIS Pro 2.3.

I believe that what you are seeing is likely due to something specific with the document you are importing.  It could also be an issue with the coordinate system of the map. We need more information to investigate. Are you able to contact technical support?  

Tom

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

I know, no problem with arcmap but, even if I start a new scale bar... the same. No decimal allow in Pro 2,4 for me.  I will check with a clean new project later.

I'm with projected utm zone 18.

No contact with tech support since I can't report bug for now.

0 Kudos