Rotation of map frame results in broken bookmark behavior

02-28-2022 09:45 AM
nikmidttun
New Contributor

I'm encountering an issue with bookmarks for map frames with rotation.

From what I can tell, if I apply a rotation to the contents of a map frame in a layout, then create a bookmark of the extent, later applying that bookmark does not restore the extent to the original view. Instead, the bookmark restores a more zoomed-in view of the data. Updating the bookmark doesn't fix this issue.

This issue only happens to me in map frames that have a rotation applied in the frame properties.

Is there something wrong with what I'm doing? Or is this a bug?

For clarity, by rotating data, I mean right clicking the map frame in layout view, going to properties, then applying a rotation here:

nikmidttun_0-1646070046914.png

My data and the map frame are all in UTM 34N projected coordinates.

ArcGIS Pro version 2.9.1

Cheers,

Nikolas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor

I know this was never supported in Desktop. I always named my bookmarks something like "Smith Street - 102.5" so I would remember my rotation.

I'm not sure if this functionality was added to Pro.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nikolas, 

Bookmarks should honor the map rotation present in the map when the bookmark was created. This include the map rotation that can be set in the Map Frame properties. I'm unaware of any specific issues with 2.9. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos