Right to left in Legends

01-15-2018 03:05 AM
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

Is is possible to have the legends in Pro run from right to left - like in ArcMap? (Right to left reading within layout tab of Legend). 

Functionality in ArcMap

I have changed every text to be right to left as well as the patch on the right side - but the text is still not aligned to the right side. And the patch is on right side but not aligned.

I have spent an hour on this - seems so much more complicated in Pro.  Wasn't is supposed to simplify my life!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

Thank you - it did work.  But seems a bit odd.  Hope they will fix it in further versions.  Just wish there was one button to click like in ArcMap.  An awful lot of work to justify legends in right to left languages.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

True, it will be fixed I am sure.  The 'issues addressed' lists for Pro 2.1 aren't out yet, so I can't check

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Nava Sheer‌ and Dan Patterson‌ In Pro 2.1 you'll still need to check the Word Wrapping option for Labels under Legend > Arrangement.  I don't know all the ins and outs of the technical workings, but it has something to do with how Pro is creating "virtual columns" in the background in order to consider the user's settings.  In a sense, what is noted as a bug in the thread referenced above is more like a "known issue" -that is, Pro is working as designed.  However, from the feedback we're hearing it looks like there is a usability issue here so we'll make sure that the layout team is aware of it.  Thank you all for the feedback!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It didn't make the cut as a reported bug nor on the known issues that I can find...  but here is the release notes for those that want to troll for themselves

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/release-notes.htm

0 Kudos