Render/Performance issue

03-01-2021 06:04 AM
Labels (2)
MatthewMinick
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am new to ArcGIS Pro (I have been using ArcGIS desktop for quite long time now).

I am trying to compose the maps using ArcGIS Pro (Create Layout). But somehow the layer rendering/labeling seems to be slow compared to ArcGIS desktop (When I use the same data).

Can anyone please tell me what could be the reason? Is there any rendering/display settings to be tweaked?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @RBierma 

1. Are you on ArcGIS Pro 2.8.x?

Just to give us a baseline, what are your results from running the 'Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro' mentioned under Hardware check in https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-documents/troubleshooting-performance-issues-in-arcgis-pro/... ?

Also, can you download and run the Pro Performance Assessment Tool and share your results?

You can post those here or send to me at kkramer@esri.com.

Beyond that, are you able to share a map package from ArcMap?  That way we can run comparisons on our side between labeling times in ArcMap vs. ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@RBierma I wanted to follow up on this again.  Are you on ArcGIS Pro 2.8.x?

If possible, it would be great if you could share a map package from ArcMap and the time discrepancy that you're seeing.  We'll be able to share that with the development team to investigate.

You can email me at kkramer@esri.com.  Thank you! 

0 Kudos
MatthewMinick
New Contributor II

Yes Sir..

We are using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.x

Unfortunately I am not able to share the package file since the package file size is big.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@MatthewMinick in your earlier comments we saw that while the machines meets the specs, not having a dedicated gpu could be the cause of slower performance.  One thing you have not done yet is run Pro PAT.  Could you please read this, download and run the tool and send us your Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 results? https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/announcing-the-arcgis-pro-perform... 

If the only thing preventing you from sending us a map package from ArcMap, if you email me I can set up an ftp site to transfer the file.  Be sure to include bookmarks of extents where you are drawing labels so that we can run A-B comparisons.  For example, at bookmark 1 in ArcMap, labels finish drawing in 5 seconds, while at bookmark 1 in ArcGIS Pro labels finish drawing in 10 seconds.  This type information will be necessary for us to pursue this.

I look forward to seeing your PAT results and receiving an ArcMap map package so that we can pursue this with you. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos