Select to view content in your preferred language

Relationship Class Questions

06-23-2023 04:10 PM
Labels (3)
YazeedAlrashdiRVCOG
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to create a relationship class between a Transportation Projects feature class and Full Project list Table. The idea is when updating or adding new features to the feature class it will automatically update the Project Table without having to update the attributes twice. The Feature Class layer lives within a dataset inside the same File Geodatabase  and the table lives within the same File Geodatabase. 

Creating the relationship class is not that hard. But I didn't know how to fully activity the relationship class between the two. I tried to create new attributes in the feature class to see if it will be carried over in the Project Table, but I couldn't get it to work. 

Any idea on how to establish this task? Also, I couldn't find detailed examples on how to establish a relationship class from A to Z.

I would appreciate any help or resources on how to achieve this. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

The relationship class will relate the feature layer to the table, but as far as updating an attribute field, you may need to use calculate or arcade. This is something I have wanted to be able to do in the past, but never quite figured it out. I look forward to seeing if there is an answer.