Select to view content in your preferred language

Refresh attribute data?

Jump to solution
10-25-2023 09:02 AM
Labels (3)
BrentW
by
New Contributor II

A very simple function that I'm sure I'm overlooking. I created/calculated a second column (Length) identical to Shape.Length, for my needs. I have edited the vertices of this feature (in green) but the length (94') hasn't updated when I've completed the operation. Is there a function I'm overlooking to refresh & update the data, or must I re-calculate the column all over again?

Screenshot 2023-10-25 115308.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Certainly - if you feel any of responses resolve the question, you can choose "Accept as Solution" on that response to properly close out this item. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

As your length attribute field is user created/managed, you'll need to run the Calculate Geometry Attributes GP tool on the field to get the latest values.  Unlike the Shape_Length field, it's not an automatic calculation.

0 Kudos
BrentW
by
New Contributor II

Hey Robert, thank ya Sir! I was worried this would be my answer, as I don't know how it'll affect the spatial joins I have since doing this step, but if I must....I must. I appreciate you Sir!

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Certainly!  There is a way to make this automatic through the use of Calculation Attribute rules as described here.

0 Kudos
BrentW
by
New Contributor II

THANK YOU for this additional help! I'm wanting to expand on my learning of calculation rules and Page Series/Queries the transmission maps I'm making more & more.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Certainly - if you feel any of responses resolve the question, you can choose "Accept as Solution" on that response to properly close out this item. Have a great day!

0 Kudos